Re: Blast from the Past: the LaTeX Project Public License, version 1.3

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 11:04:51AM +0200, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> Thomas has delivered out 2.0.2 with 1.2 and I'm not sure if it makes
> sense to put just in 1.3 and hope that every package declares a dep
> on 1.2 or later(!).
[...]
> Exactly. Thomas continues releasing beta releases for the upcoming
> teTeX 3.0 since beginning of February. At this time we thought it
> will take just a few month, but... For some reasons we won't upload
> to unstable but rather to experimental as soon as it is released.
>
> > I am therefore not sure Debian is shipping anything under the new
> > license yet.
> >
> No, we're releasing with 1.2.

Hmmm.  I don't suppose it's a *huge* deal, but do you think we could ask
upstream to apply the new LPPL to the existing codebase?

This doesn't require anything more than an email on their part, which we
could then stick in debian/copyright.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      Intellectual property is neither
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      intellectual nor property.