Re: cc65 licensing

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 03:41:56PM -0600, Benjamin Cutler wrote:
> I like to think that this can be put in Debian's non-free section given a
> slightly clarified license, which was the purpose of my original e-mail,
> since I was unable to fully figure out what was covered under what, and
> getting licensing exact is important. All I *could* tell was that some of
> the compiler code may have come from the original compiler, but I had no
> hints. It's certainly not illegal, but it did confuse me a bit. But I hope
> that can be set aside, and now that the situation has been clarified we can
> get the package at least into 'non-free'. It's just those four files that
> contain pieces of the old code, correct? It's easy enough for me to say so
> in debian/copyright.

Yes, that's correct. I will also add a comment as suggested to the 4 files
that contain old code. In fact, when looking now at the files, I think that
both header files in question seem to be completely new. I've never had a
second look at that issue since I created them. I will check them more
accurately before the next release. For now, you can safely assume that the 4
files contain pieces of JRD code.

Regards

        Uz

--