Re: dpANSI

On 2004-06-22 16:56:33 +0100 Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com> wrote:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=sfwr84z4dnq.fsf%40shell01.TheWorld.com>
I am personally prepared to rely upon the Common Lisp community
understanding that they are public domain documents.
[...]
It would be nice for those in the know/responsible for Debian's legal
understanding to put forth a consensus on this.

I would like to rely upon it, but I am scared by the possibility that some of the authors may object. Roughly how many others are distributing this and since when?

If it is a large number, then it seems fairly likely that they are usually regarded as public domain and any copyright assertion will be widely opposed.

You should include an excerpt from the lead author's message above in the debian copyright file. I can't quite bring myself to say "yes, this is fine", because it still feels potentially thorny. Maybe that is why I was mistaken for a lawyer at a conference ;-)

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.