Re: gens License Check - Non-free

@ 18/06/2004 12:49 : wrote Raul Miller :

 On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 12:12:13PM -0300, Humberto Massa wrote:

> This is the problem: why is it not mere aggregation? where is the
> transformation??!!!!!!

 Why is this a problem?

*because* the GPL exempts "mere aggregation"

 The GPL excercises the right to control the distribution of
 collective works based on GPLed code. It grants an exception, but
 that exception doesn't apply to the linux kernel.

why not? That's where my question demands an answer: where is the transformation? When you show me the transformation, it's a derived work; when you show me aggregation of parts, it's exempted by the GPL.

--
br,M