Re: Creative Commons Attribution license element

    Me> Second, let me note how poorly timed the analysis is.

    MR> It may be "poorly timed" but at least a debian user helped to
    MR> make it happen. Please praise Ben Francis and give him due
    MR> credit for getting your attention with
    MR> http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2004-June/000909.html

Ben deserves some praise. Nice job, Ben!

    MR> Equally, let us note that a debian *developer* subscribed to
    MR> cc-discuss solicited the views of debian-legal, but did not
    MR> make sure our views were clearly known to them.

Yes, indeed. My grouchiness was unmerited, and I should have been
doing a better job as a conduit between the two groups. I'm now
subscribed to debian-legal and I'll try to keep the lines of
communication open better.

I'm sorry to have been harsh for something that was more or less my
own responsibility.

Evan Prodromou
Email: evan@debian.org
Jabber: evan@jabber.debian.net