Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Scripsit Humberto Massa
> @ 13/05/2004 17:03 : wrote Henning Makholm :

> >GPL *does* allow any functional modifications.

> No, it does not, in this you are wrong. You can't modify a GPL'd program
> and take away the "announcement" mentioned in GPL#2,(b). You just can't.
> And this is a functional modification, that you are forbidden to do.

That is true, yes. I got too worked up trying do decipher Raul
Miller's example to see the obvious.

--
Henning Makholm              "Y'know, I don't want to seem like one of those
                         hackneyed Jews that you see in heartwarming movies.