Re: sendmail X license (fwd)

Scripsit Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org>
> On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 09:24:16PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > It would be OK for the Sendmail people to say "if the user wants to
> > sue *us*, he must do it in SF"

> I'm not really sure about that one.

I think it would be free mainly because I cannot think of any
situation where the licensee would have any grievance (grounded in a
free license, anyway) to sue the licensor over. Thus, the only suits
that would be covered by such a clause would be completely frivolous
ones.

I can symphatize with a licensor who does not wish to end up in a
*foreign* court as a result of writing software and giving it away.

--
Henning Makholm        "Jeg køber intet af Sulla, og selv om uordenen griber
                    planmæssigt om sig, så er vi endnu ikke nået dertil hvor