Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 03:04:01PM -0300, Humberto Massa wrote:
> Some DD could, then, propose, this important edition to the DFSG:
>
> new DFSG#3, GPL-compatible: "Derived Works :: The license must allow any
> modification to be made to the original work, generating derived works;
> it must also allow the resulting derived work to be distributed under
> the same licensing terms, unless said result is also a derived work of
> another, incompatibly-licensed original work"
>
> Is my English clear enough above?

I think that would have problems.  For example, it doesn't deal with
our need to distribute the text of the GPL.

I've not tried to make an exhaustive list of the other cases where
we'd have to have an exception to "all derived works", but I know there
are others.

For example, under a "must rename" license, there would have to be an
exception to "all" for derived works under the excluded name.

--
Raul