Re: Draft Debian-legal summary of the LGPL

Scripsit Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de>
> * Henning Makholm:

> > Well, exactly in the LGPL case we don't need to scrutinize the entire
> > license. We can do with noticing that any work covered by the LGPL is
> > effectively dual-licensed with pure GPL, so the freedom of the former
> > follows from freedom of the latter.

> Linking with GPL-incompatible libraries could mean that we can't
> exercise the GPL option, so it's not that simple, I think.

Well, linking is a different story altogheter. I was talking about the
DFSG freedom of the library in itself.

--
Henning Makholm                                   "Hør, hvad er det egentlig
                                          der ikke kan blive ved med at gå?"