Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 09:35:02PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> No.

Eh?

> It disallows changes to the *license terms* under which copies are
> distributed.

That's one thing it disallows.

That's not the entirety of the license.

> With the exception of a very narrow set of restrictions
> related to copyright acknowledgement and warranty disclaimers, the
> nature of changes to the code is not restricted by the GPL.

Eh?

> There is
> nothing in the GPL that would prevent someone from changing gcc to
> "better integrate" (whatever that could mean) with Palladium.

There is if you can't release all the relevant code under GPLed terms.

Note also that I choose palladium because of some vaporware claims that
had been made about it -- I have no knowledge as to whether there wil
be any real issues of this sort with palladium.

--
Raul