Re: The draft Position statement on the GFDL

Don Armstrong wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not sure if it's been raised in the context of the DFSG, but as
> some people have been mixing and matching GFDLed works with GPLed
> works, or seem to want to, this was something that came up in
> discussion.
Since many of the affected GFDL works are documentation for GPLed programs,
it came up as something people actually wanted to do, a lot.

Last time I checked, nobody but the FSF could legally make modified versions
of the libstdc++-v3 manual, because it combined doxygen-generated material
from GPL source files with GFDL material.