Re: Poly/ML license

On 2004-05-16 10:41:11 +0100 Mahesh T. Pai <paivakil@vsnl.net> wrote:

This  is   void   in  most   jurisdictions  since   most
jurisdictions  require  that assignment  of  copyright  has  to be  in
writing. AFAIK,  English law too  requires assignment in  writing.

That is my understanding too. I was rather surprised by this clause.

Was this license really written by a qualified lawyer?

Yes, but I have tried to contact him recently and failed. I've exhausted the obvious online searches. If someone wants to hunt UK lawyers for free, please email me directly.

--
MJR/slef
My Opinion Only and possibly not of any group I know.