Re: moosic package contains obfuscated code

* Henning Makholm [03:58 06/05/04 CEST]:
Scripsit Nicolas =?iso-8859-15?Q?=C9vrard?= <nicoe@altern.org>

So I was wondering, since this is problem is only with the binary
package should I file a bug against moosic stating that obfuscating is
an error or does it seems an acceptable policy to your eyes ?

If the source package contains unobfuscate source for everything, then
there is no DFSG problem. It is not worse than compiling to machine
code.

Indeed, that's what I tought but it is strange to obfuscate script code
and I don't think that be encouraged. Someone using moosic is not
running out of space.

As far as I can see from a quick look at the source package, this
appears to be the case.

This is the case.

(By the way, the comments in the Makefile indicate that the upstream
author is apparently more concerned about saving space in the binary
packages than about obfuscation).

I don't see this comment. It's in the upstream Makefile ?
... going to check ...
Ok I got it in the README.developers. Silly me.

--
(°>  Nicolas Évrard
/ )  Liège - Belgique