Re: Problematic Software Licenses

Benjamin Cutler wrote:

> .... is there any way of
> including this in Debian without receiving a new license from Raven?
No.  Period.

The program appears to be licensed under two licenses; if so, this means you
can use whichever one you prefer.  The first one is obviously non-free.
The second one, however, (assuming it's a complete valid license, since it
is pretty vague) is non-free also.

>Activision and Raven are releasing this code for people to learn from and
>play with.
Well, OK, that appears to be a license to use it to "learn from" and "play
with", but not anything else.

>The code retains its original copyright and can not be used for profit,
To be DFSG-free, you *must* be allowed to use it for profit.

>any work released using this code must contain credit for it.
This is fine.

> I've already attempted to contact them with no luck.
That's too bad.  :-(  Maybe you can wait for the copyright to expire.  ;-)
(Joke....)