Re: DRAFT for a GR proposal concerning the Sarge release

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 04:42:14PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Certainly you can develop a case where it's not possible to get
> clarification on the license.  That's not constructive or necessary imv.

If it's the case, then it's the case.  "Inconvenient" does not imply
"false", whether we like it or not.

"I don't like that, so we should ignore it" isn't a convincing argument.

> Clarification from Linus on the kernel's license is sufficient for me,
> and should be for Debian.

If Linus is not legally capable of making this clarification for all of the
code in question, then Debian must not pretend otherwise, and I see no
evidence that he is.

--
Glenn Maynard