Re: Squeak in Debian?

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Lex Spoon wrote:
> The clause does not mean it must go into non-US, but the opposite:
> US servers are already bound by this clause anyway due to federal
> law.  Thus we should distribute it from US servers which already
> have to be careful about exports.

You've got it totally backwards. We used to distribute software like
this from servers outside of the US because those servers are not
bound by US federal law at all.

Currently we apply with applicable US federal law for servers inside
the US, but the specific method that we use applies primarily to free
software works. [Someone who is slightly more familiar with the export
control regulations would have to say if something in non-free could
go through the same process.]

Don Armstrong

--
She was alot like starbucks.