Re: Squeak in Debian?

Roland Stigge <stigge@antcom.de> wrote:
> If that's not feasible, Squeak seems to be clearly non-free.

Yes.

Please let us drop the DFSG side discussion.  Apple has
abandoned Squeak and will not be changing the license in the
forseable future.  The people developing Squeak continue using this
license because it is their only choice.  It's still quite free
on the whole spectrum of common licenses.

> The funny thing here is that it seems to be the opposite of other
> licenses where only distribution of unmodified versions is permitted. ;)

True, it's odd.  It doesn't matter, though, because we are discussing
distributing modified versions.  No one uses the initial release from
Apple.

-Lex