Re: Question about DFSG and a THC project

On 2004-04-22 22:39:21 +0100 Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:

when these parties distribute, they only grant the GPL rights to those
they distribute, because that's what the GPL says happens.  Such
parties cannot redistribute because they cannot meet both the terms of
the GPL and the OpenSSL license.

Does something in the GPL forbid granting the exception? IIRC, it says you may not grant fewer rights, not that you may not grant more. Of course, if you do not pass on that exception and it is required for your work: ow.

I will not reply to your grandstanding about our needs, other than to note that the default for unlicensed software is roughly "all rights reserved", so we must get clear permissions.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at