Re: about licenses for 3D models

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 11:42:38PM +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> [CCing you because of the address in the To: field; apologies if you didn't
> want the CC]
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 02:54:16PM +0200, Jiba wrote:
> > About a character 3D model, I am wondering if such a statement can occur
> > in a free license:
> >
> > "You can re-use the model, but you must keep the name of the character,
> > and his background".
>
> I can't find anything which immediately contravenes the DFSG.

Then you're not reading it correctly.  The "G" in DFSG stands for
"Guidelines".

We pledge to keep Debian 100% Free Software, not read the DFSG as
narrowly as possible.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You are not angry with people when
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     you laugh at them.  Humor teaches