Re: Debian Legal summary of the Petris license (Proposed)

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 08:31:16AM +0100, Jens Peter Secher wrote:
> Simon Law <sfllaw@debian.org> writes:

> >     You can do whatever you want with the program, it's Public Domain.
> >     (however, it would be nice of you to credit me if you found anything
> >     of this useful).

> > We believe that this software is DFSG-free.
>
> The summaries are a good idea, but this is overdoing it, don't you think?

I don't.  There are more people affected by debian-legal's
determinations than subscribers to the list.

Please review the thread that offered justifications for making
debian-legal's DFSG adjudications more accessible to the public.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    You should try building some of the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    stuff in main that is