Re: Cypherpunks anti-License

Thanks to everyone who has provided input so far.  It has been very
helpful.

[...]

Nic> I agree. I just feel that it needs to be clear that the package is
Nic> not distributed on the same terms, and that Debian is not providing
Nic> the same warranties against litigation. I don't think that we need
Nic> an express explanation to that effect, but simply delimit the CPL
Nic> from a statement that the package is in the public domain in the
Nic> copyright file.

OK, so what does everyone think of the following statement in the
copyright file?

[This program] is in the public domain.  The original upstream source is
released under the Cypherpunks anti-License (CPL), which places the
program in the public domain, and includes additional clarifying text.
Neither Debian, nor Software in the Public Interest, nor any of their
agents specifically make the same pledges as are contained in the
license.  The complete text of the license follows below:

[etc.]

Is that too wordy? or unnecessary?  Suggestions?

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA