Re: Cypherpunks anti-License

Thanks for your analysis, Anthony.

>>>>> "Anthony" == Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> writes:

Anthony> On Feb 24, 2004, at 16:02, Hubert Chan wrote:

Hubert> [1] http://www.cypherspace.org/CPL

Anthony> Please paste license texts inline.

OK.  Will do that in the future.

[...]

CPL> Non Litigation ...

[...]

Anthony> If Debian wishes to make this promise, then it is free to do so
Anthony> as well; I'm not sure if we do. However, if we don't, then just
Anthony> delete this paragraph.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to make that decision on behalf of
Debian. ;-)

If I wish to delete this paragraph, what is the best way to do this?
Should I say in the copyright file something to the effect of, "the
original hashcash package is released under the CPL, which is available
From ..., but the Debian package is released under a modified CPL"?  Or
"but the Debian package is in the public domain, as allowed by the CPL"?

(I know that the CPL allows me to relicense without any notice.  But I
want to be as un-rude as possible.)

Thanks

(again, please CC me on replies.)

--