Re: XFree86 is changing their license

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:27:26AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
>   o The licence is said to be free, probably DFSG free, not sure though.
>   The sole restriction is that : if there are ackonwledgement for third
>   party software (as opposed to artwork and other non software, probably
>   documentation and other text data), then xfree86 should also be
>   acknowlegded in the same way.

Please see the disucssion on debian-legal about the X-Oz license for
discussion about this, specifically Branden's message:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/debian-legal-200402/msg00162.html

 - David Nusinow

p.s. If someone cares to forward this to -private, they are welcome to,
but as I'm not a DD I'm not going to send it there myself