Re: debian-legal review of licenses

Matt Palmer wrote:
>Hands up anyone who wants to take on the job of official d-legal summariser.
Heh.

>I can think of a few people who *could* take the job, unfortunately, those
>qualified also tend to be those most qualified in other areas.
Branden would do an *excellent* job.  He's probably too busy, though.

With the GFDL issues, we've actually had multiple people come up with
summaries.

How about this:
(1) Someone volunteers to summarize the discussion.  If people pipe up and say
"No, we haven't discussed it enough", he or she waits.
(1a) or, the person asking for advice says "I need a summary!"  In which case,
go to step 1.
(2) The summary is posted to the list, asking if it's a good summary.
(3) If consensus is that it's a good summary, it's sent on to the person
asking for advice.
(4) Otherwise, a revised summary is prepared, and we return to step 2.

Perhaps this is too much of a formalization for a very simple process, but
anyway, how does it sound.