Re: OpenPBS license revisited

On Feb 11, 2004, at 12:41, Michael Banck wrote:

After December 31, 2001, only conditions 3-6 must be met:

That should be 3-7, I think. They just stripped out their disclaimer.

5. Redistributions in any form must be accompanied by information on how to
   obtain complete source code for the OpenPBS software and any
   modifications and/or additions to the OpenPBS software.

This seems to be redundant when viewed with the below...

  The source code
must either be included in the distribution or be available for no more than the cost of distribution plus a nominal fee, and all modifications and additions to the Software must be freely redistributable by any party
   (including Licensor) without restriction.

If that were "under the terms of this license" instead of "without restriction" this would be a fairly simple copyleft.

6. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of the Software must
   display the following acknowledgment:

I personally do not consider the advertising clause free. However, it is arguable that DFSG 10 grandfathers it in.