Re: Forward: Re: On the possibility of changing the license of Adobe CMap files

On Jan 29, 2004, at 21:31, Branden Robinson wrote:

Adobe is probably busy "lobbying" to get a certain bill passed which
will rectify that little "defect" in U.S. copyright law.

If the Court has any shred of basic literacy left in reading the Constitution, that should go nowhere. Not sure at the moment if they do, though. We'll see fairly soon, with the Sept. 11 cases.

And, hey, I can hope that if they do strike it down something like that, it'll establish a precedent that the Constitution does not give Congress unlimited power w/r/t/ copyrights. OK, I'd really have to be /really/ high to believe that one :-(