Re: Revised JasPer License

* Nathanael Nerode <neroden@twcny.rr.com> [040201 22:28]:
> It would still be better if the disclaimer disclaimed implied warranties only
> to, say, "the fullest extent permitted by law".  :-)  This presumably isn't
> strictly necessary, because the usual interpretation of illegal warranty
> disclaimers seems to be that the rest of the license remains valid.  But it's
> safer, especially because of the line "NO USE OF THE SOFTWARE IS AUTHORIZED
> HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER," which read strictly would indicate
> that if any part of the warranty disclaimer was found invalid, the Software
> couldn't be used in that jurisdiction.

Well, I don't know other jurisdictions, but in Germany something like
"as permitted by law" is automatically moot, and so is the line you
quoted, as I was told... (Or the line may be intact but a empty
condition as the disclaimer is empty, don't know how they make it..)

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.