Re: Open Software License v1.1

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 12:30:54PM +0100, Andrew Stribblehill wrote:
> ** Please Cc me in your replies **
>
> Could I have your opinion about the Open Software License version
> 1.1? It has a few differences that may make it more acceptable as a
> free software licence.

I have problems with this license, but I owe the LaTeX guys part 2 of my
LPPL analysis.  They are ahead of Mr. Rosen/OSI in the queue.

(I wouldn't send this message at all, but you are likely aware of the
problem we've had around here with "silence as assent".)

I'll give you one preview of a problem that struck me; "Source Code" is
defined as including "all available documentation" regarding some
subject or another.  That is an absurd definition and an absurd
requirement.

Furthermore, I am concerned that perhaps Mr. Rosen hasn't given up his
grand quest to marry acceptance ceremonies with Free Software licenses.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     There's nothing an agnostic can't
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     do if he doesn't know whether he