Re: Licence opinion

Scott James Remnant <scott@netsplit.com> a tapoté :

> If anyone's got a free moment or two, could they pass opinion on the
> following as a licence.  I'm especially interested in how it'd interact
> with other licences, esp. the GPL.
>
> # This work may be modified and distributed under any terms, licence
> # or agreement that meets all the conditions set out in the
> # Debian Free Software Guidelines (DFSG) as published at
> #
> # At all times the original copyright message(s) and this freedom of
> # licence must be preserved, or where only a part of this work is
> # distributed, copied into that part to apply only to that part.
>
> Thanks,

The most obvious issue is the absence of any date (or version) detail
about the DFSG. In this case, you must be sure that you'll be happy
with the DFSG, whatever it was and whatever it will be.
It's a matter of trust.

Aside from that, you cannot be sure that your software will correctly
interact with the GPL. Your version, the one you deliver under this
license, should interact correctly with the GPL. But Mister X can make
a version of your software under an GPL-incompatible license.
And, in fact, you cannot include any GPLed code in your software,
because you have no right to change a GPLed code to a DFSG-ok code
maybe incompatible with the GPL.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: