Re: GFDL - status?

MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> What do you (or other list members) think of the pickle-passing
> clause?

If a license had a clause requiring that anyone who received the work
(or any derivative work) must also receive a pickle, the work (i.e.,
the software itself) would be non-free, yes.  Imagine having to
include a pickle in a cvs upload....!

Though I'm not sure exactly what pickle-passing clause you're
referring to since there were a couple discussed, I think the above is
as closely analogous to the GFDL as you can get with a pickle.  ;)

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan@nowan.org>