Re: GFDL - status?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 09:47:42PM -0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> How are you not free to create derivative parts of the documentation
> section and distribute it under the same terms (ie with invariants in
> tow)?  The invariant sections are not part of the documentation (and
> they must not be documentation).
>
> I'm not saying the complete work is DFSG-free.  I'm just trying to give
> a possible reason why it is named "free document*ation* licence".

A free abstract thing that cannot be instantiated in a free form is not
free, in my opinion.

What good are rights if one can't exercise them?

We wouldn't even consider this argument if someone were applying it to
a C compiler or OS kernel.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    Yeah, that's what Jesus would do.