Re: DFSG FAQ (draft)

Henning Makholm <henning@makholm.net> wrote:
> In my opinion we actually try our damnedest to make sure, to the best
> of our knowledge, that people *can* rely of having the DFSG freedoms
> when they use software from Debian.  [...]

Calling it a political statement is probably wrong, yes, but it's also
not legal advice and some people have to be reminded of that :-/

> I'd be more comfortable with an ending that called a spade a space,

If you want me, I'll be out back digging the garden with the space bar.

>   [...] It merely means that either we have not
>   yet become aware of any reasons why it is not free [...]

For it to get into Debian in the first place, it also means that a mistake
was made, to be neutral about it.