Re: DFSG FAQ (draft)

Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
> X.  If some software is free according to Debian's standards, do I
>     still face legal risks when I use, modify or distribute it?

I've said many times, many ways, that talking about "free" on its own
may not be clear enough.  Perhaps rephrase "If some software is free..."
to "If this is free software..."?  Similarly, I think it would be safe
to say that the FDL is not a free software licence, as FSF seem to think
that even trying to judge FDL-covered works as software at all is absurd.
(Correct me if I'm wrong, with references, please.)

> [...]and not released under a free license, or the license terms are

"Free license" is also a clumsy term, IMO.

      http://mjr.towers.org.uk/   jabber://slef@jabber.at
Thought: Edwin A Abbott wrote about trouble with Windows in 1884