Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

Nathan Hawkins <utsl@quic.net> writes:

> If you wanted Greek names, there are plenty of obscure nymphs, satyrs,
> centaurs, etc. to choose from. Since the Greeks classified them as
> neither evil spirits nor deities, many of them would qualify as daemons
> in the classical sense.

We could also go for "species," especially if we wanted recognizable
names:

FreeBSD -> faun
NetBSD  -> naiad or nereid
OpenBSD -> oread

I also like the street idea (though I've forgotten whose it was,
sorry); does anyone who actually knows the area have suggestions?
IIRC, there are a bunch of DDs in the Bay Area....

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.