Re: Changes in formal naming for NetBSD porting effort(s)

[I am not subscribed to debian-bsd.]

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 01:41:50AM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> I consider myself educated, and I've never heard of any demons in school
> where we had 13 years of religious (catholic) education. I can
> definitely say that I'm not offended, and I doubt that anyone I know
> would be.

Thanks for reinforcing my generally positive view of present-day
Catholics compared to their Protestant brethren.  I should think if
anyone were taught demonology these days, it would be kids in Catholic
school, since as I understand it, Christian demonology was an enterprise
unique to the Catholic church.  By the time the Protestant Reformation
rolled around, it was no longer necessary for Christians to *invent*
demons; there were plenty to slaughter in sectarian wars.

> I like Branden's proposition very much. (Other than the proposed
> Pratchett names.)

The Pratchett names weren't my suggestion; if they're adopted, then I
cannot claim the credit for proposing them.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Computer security is like an onion:
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    the more you dig in, the more you