Status of new LPPL version?

Dear all,

does anybody know what is going to happen with regard to LPPL-1.3, and
in which timeline? The latest mails I found were

http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200306/msg00206.html
(a new draft)

and two analyses by Branden Robinson, with one follow-up by Frank
Mittelbach.

I would be glad to be pointed to some place where I can find further
information on that. The actual reason why I looked for it is that I am
thinking of incorporating some code from a GPL'ed LaTeX add-on package
into mine, but do not want to license mine under GPL, but rather under a
DFSG-free LPPL. I guess it will be much easier to convince the author to
re-license his package if I can tell him that LPPL is also DFSG-free.

Thank you, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie