Re: Plugins, libraries, licenses and Debian

On Wed, Dec 10, 2003 at 10:46:29PM +0000, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
> So what do you use instead?
>
> If you think your licence solves both the problems you mention, then
> presumably you believe that your licence has a good chance of being
> compatible with GPLv3 if GPLv3 turns out to be a good licence
> (otherwise you might as well use "GPLv2 only"), and a good chance of
> being incompatible with GPLv3 if GPLv3 turns out to be a bad licence
> (otherwise you might as well use X11). To me this seems rather
> difficult to achieve.

I do use the X11 license.

(Copylefts tend to have "no additional restrictions" clauses, so
they have a tendency to be incompatible with each other.  It's another
reason I'm tending to like copylefts less these days: they lead to a lot
of license incompatibility, which results in code rewriting, which has
wasted lots of my time recently.)

--
Glenn Maynard