Re: Binaries under GPL(2)

8-Dec-03 11:15 Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Alexander Cherepanov <cherepan@mccme.ru>

>> What prevents you from distributing binaries produced from sources
>> under Section 2?

> Hm, that's a good question. It seems to be another wording oversight.

I can't get rid of the thought that there is something else here.
Mere wording oversight in the second version of the most
famous/popular/important/<put your favorite here> free license in the
world, not changed for more then ten years, written by a real lawyer,
which puts the whole idea of copyleft at risk? Maybe...

Sasha