Re: If not GFDL, then what?

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 12:42, Arnoud Engelfriet wrote:

> However, it's fairly established that if you modify the work
> before reselling it, exhaustion does not apply.

We're talking about removing a CD from it. I doubt that qualifies as
modification (creating a derivative work?) under any sane copyright law;
otherwise, you couldn't sell a book if you lost the accompanying CD,
lost a page, or, I imagine, scribbled some notes in the margin.

Please tell me that isn't the case in the EU.