Re: Swiss Ephemeris Public License

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 04:45, Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS wrote:
>You seem to be saying that A and C are DFSG-free, but B isn't. So
>something released with license A is free, but software dual-licensed
>with A and B is non-free. I seem to be seeing or imagining some kind
>of paradox here ...

Given:
        A := BSD to all
        B := BSD to few, GPL rest
        C := GPL to all

        A => free
        C => free

Now, "Dual licensed under A and B" means "A OR B", so we can conclude:
        A OR B => free
        C OR B => free

However, without further "givens", we can logically conclude *nothing*
about B.

I think the apparent paradox is coming from confusing "dual license" to
mean "AND" instead of "OR".