Re: If not GFDL, then what?

On 2003-10-13 19:58:58 +0100 Brian T. Sniffen <bts@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
Alice distributes a program, under the GPL, and a documentation
package for that program under the GFDL.  Because she is the copyright
holder, she distributes them together.  Nobody else can redistribute
this as a single integral package, of course.

I'm not convinced by this step in the reasoning. If they are merely aggregated, surely others can distribute them in the same packaging? If they are a single work under two incompatible licences, can anyone else distribute it at all, even split?

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at