Re: RFC: GPL plus securities industry disclaimer suitable for main?

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> > Why do you want to include it?  I can't see any indication that you have
>
> Same reason as for other packages I maintain: Because it is very useful code.

Sorry, I wanted to know why you think you have to include this text in
the debian/copyright file.  It doesn't look like a license that applies
to redistribution to me.

> If we can pin-point what the problem is, we have a chance at solving the
> issue, and may just end up being able to redistribute this.

Right now I'm not sure if there is a problem at all.  It don't think it
is necessary to inlcude upstream's terms for the _initial_ download, if
upstream doesn't mandate it.