Re: committee for FSF-Debian discussion

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 02:30:04PM -0400, Brian T. Sniffen wrote:
> bruce@perens.com (Bruce Perens) writes:
>
> > The following persons have agreed to serve on a committee regarding the
> > FSF - Debian discussion:
> >
> > 	Eben Moglen, Attorney for the Free Software Foundation.
> > 	Henri Poole, Board member, Free Software Foundation.
> > 	Benj. "Mako" Hill, Debian.
> >
> > I am seeking another candidate from the Debian side. A good candidate would
> > be able to approach the discussion with a constructive and dispassionate
> > attitude.
>
> A good candidate would also be familiar with debian-legal's analysis
> of the GFDL.  Any of N Nerode, D Armstrong, or A DeRobertis would

I'd say that Nathanael Nerode would make an excellent choice.  He's not a DD
(yet), but he knows the issues, has worked with the FSF (doing some GCC
cleanup work, I believe), and is the author of a GFDL FAQ (whose URL I can't
remember at present).

If it comes down to a vote on who gets the second Debian spot, I think my
vote would be for Nathanael.

- Matt