Re: GFDL

[RMS not CCed]

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 07:13:31PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     FYI, that's not going to convince anyone.
>
> We could all speculate about what might or might not convince certain
> other persons, but doing so is attempting to speak for them, so let's
> not do it.

Hmm.  By declaring himself "not on speaking terms with [me]", Didn't RMS
presumptively conclude that anything I could possibly say would not
convince him of anything, and thus he is attempting to speak for me?

Alternatively, perhaps RMS is concerned that I *might* persuade him of
something, and has decided he doesn't want to run that risk.  I find
this interpretation difficult to swallow, personally.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The only way to get rid of a
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       temptation is to yield to it.