Re: Unidentified subject!

Mathieu Roy wrote:

>Well, when I read a text, I have all the means necessary to understand
>how the idea works. Not with a program unless I get the source.

We consider even trivial software such as "Hello world" to be worthy of
Freeness, even though in this case you have everything necessary to
understand how the idea works without the source.

But fundamentally, you do not appear to believe that the ability to make
derived works from philosophical texts (or various other things) is a
necessity - Debian seems to. The sheer number of postings you have made
should have made it clear that you are not going to change our opinions,
and we are not going to change yours. Further discussion of this seems
fairly pointless. Can we just agree to differ?
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org