Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:

> Mike Hommey <mh@glandium.org> a tapoté :
>
> > On Monday 22 September 2003 12:36, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> > > My girlfriend photography sitting on my computer is not free
> > > software.
> >
> > Who cares about the licence of your girlfriend photographs ? Are you willing
> > to put them in main ?
> > The point is that the photographs on your computer are _software_. Whether
> > they are free or not has absolutely no link with the current thread.
>
> The point is whether every software needs to be free or just program
> and their documentation.

Actually, the whole debate is really about programs and their
documentation and the need for them to be free.  Invariant sections make
the documentation non-free.  You're the one trying to sidetrack that
issue to other content.

Above you said "software needs to be free" and "program and their
documentation".  Start with that.  The documentation isn't free if it
has Invariant Sections.