Re: "GNU is perfect" and French IRS, was: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

On 2003-09-22 11:16:04 +0100 Mathieu Roy <yeupou@gnu.org> wrote:
Maybe speaking English on that list encourage a cultural
dominance.

Not really IMO.  It's just inconsiderate behaviour.

[...]
If you already made a donation to the FSF or to the SPI,
you should know what IRS is.

Why? In the FSF case, there are local associates and even FSFE inside the EU. In the SPI case, there are local payment agents. The US tax authority has no bearing on my local taxes, as far as I know.

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at