Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

* MJ Ray (markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk) [030921 19:55]:
> On 2003-09-21 17:43:46 +0100 Andreas Barth
> <aba+nospam@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> >Here you are:
> >http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-doc.html

> That is the RMS essay "Free Software and Free Manuals" not the GNU
> Free Documentation Definition.  An opinion essay is no more a
> definition than a set of guidelines are.  Keep searching!

According to http://www.gnu.org/doc/doc.html:
 GNU Documentation is unique because of our attitude towards it. We
 believe the reader should be free to copy and redistribute it, just
 like our software. Originally, all our documentation was released
 under a short Copyleft license, or under the GNU General Public
 License (GPL) itself; in 2001 the Free Documentation License (FDL)
 was created to address certain needs that were not met by licenses
 originally designed for software. For more detailed information on
 our theory of free documentation, please see Richard Stallman's
 essay, "Free Software and Free Manuals." Please help us write more
 documentation! Project GNU is a world-wide movement and our software
 packages grow every day.
_is_ the essay the definition. (But you can keep your chocolate, I
would like more a moval of the non-free docu to non-free.)

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/