Re: A possible GFDL compromise: a proposal

Edmund GRIMLEY EVANS <edmundo@rano.org> a tapoté :

> > So the next step seems obvious to me, Debian have make a choice:
> >         - follow the strict definition of DFSG promoted by many
> >         persons on that list and move the Official Debian Logo to
> >         non-free.
> >         - think about an another policy for logos or
> >         political/philosophical/historical texts.
>
> One could do that, but it wouldn't help because the FSF documentation
> under discussion is neither a logo nor in the category of
> "political/philosophical/historical texts".

The GNU Documentation under discussion _is_ in the category of
political/philosophical/historical texts. Only these texts can be
invariant in the GFDL.
And the invariant option is the only philosophical issue (the rest are
practical issues).

> Are we going round in circles here?

Apparently it was needed to one more time remind which kind of text
can be invariant.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: