Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Can you give us an indication as to what the clarified text will look
>     like, or what restrictions it will contain? [Just so we're all on the
>     same page with regards to the sections problems.]
>
> I've decided not to do that.  The development of GNU licenses is not a
> Debian issue.

It's well within your purview to do or not do that, but it makes it
very difficult for us to know or even guess if the changes will put
the issues regarding that section to rest.

While Debian obviously can't force GNU and/or the FSF to do anything,
the amount of material in Debian licensed under various GNU licenses
makes changes to those licenses an important issue for us.

I hope, at least, that you will make the proposed changes public
before they are actually incorporated into the license, at a stage
early enough so changes can be effected if GNU and Debian agree that
there is a problem.

Don Armstrong

--
Sentenced to two years hard labor (for sodomy), Oscar Wilde stood
handcuffed in driving rain waiting for transport to prison.  "If this

http://www.donarmstrong.com
http://www.anylevel.com
http://rzlab.ucr.edu